Italian Breakfast Crostada
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 55 min
|1||(9") Refrigerated Pie Crust|
|No Stick Cooking Spray|
|I Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|¼ cup||Red Onions, diced|
|¼ cup||Roasted Red Peppers, diced (oil packed and drained|
|½ cup||Ham, cut in ½" cubes|
|¼ cup||Half & Half|
|2 Tbsp||Chive & Onion Cream Cheese|
|⅔ cup||Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, chopped|
|½ tsp||Kosher Salt|
|¼ tsp||Black Pepper|
|½ cup||Shredded Italian Blend Cheese|
|2||Roma Tomatoes, diced|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set pie crust out of refrigerator. Spray a large cookie sheet with no stick cooking spray.
2. Spray a 10-inch non stick skillet with no stick cooking spray. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers, and ham; sautee for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, and cream cheese. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the spinach for topping and stir the remaining spinach, salt and pepper into the eggs. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and allow to cook, over medium heat, just until eggs begin to set. Remove skillet from heat and allow to cool about 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, unroll the pie crust and place in center of baking sheet. Spoon mixture into the center of the crust; spread evenly to within 1 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle italian cheese over the filling. Fold edge of crust over the filling forming pleats, press down slightly.
5. Bake about 25-30 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with reserved spinach and the tomatoes.